This year, Canadian Web Hosting attended e-Health 2018, Canada’s national conference and tradeshow that celebrates and inspires action in the digital health community.
e-Health took place from May 27 – 30, 2018 in the brand new JW Marriott Parq Vancouver and we attended as a confirmed exhibitor. The conference featured:
- 1500+ delegates
- 60+ exhibitors
- Informational sessions and discussions on digital health
- e-Poster presentations
- Hacking Health hackathon with pitch presentations
It was an interesting experience for us to see how technology and healthcare intersect and will advance together in the future. For example:
- Transitioning paper-based consent to 100% electronic-based consent
- Going paperless in all forms of communication and keeping databases online in a cloud
- Voice-activated smart home devices that will allow patients to set reminders to take their medication and relay symptoms and vital signs to a hospital
- Allowing patients to speak with doctors electronically from home and relay their symptoms using custom devices
Privacy & Compliance at Canadian Web Hosting
We exhibited as an Infrastructure as a Service provider that offers a variety of cloud and web hosting solutions. Because we have many clients that work in the healthcare industry, the conference was an opportunity to network further with organizations and individuals looking for effective integrated system solutions.
As more and more data is being transferred and stored online, Canadian Web Hosting recognizes the need to provide secure hosting environments for its clients. This is why we are committed to our compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and to helping our clients to meet these provisions as well.
Beyond our compliance with PIPEDA, Canadian Web Hosting is also in compliance with provincial healthcare rules and regulations for privacy including, but not limited to:
- Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) in Ontario
- Personal Health Information Access and Protection of Privacy Act in B.C.
- Health Information Act in Alberta
- Personal Health Information Act in Manitoba
- Personal Health Information Privacy and Access Act in New Brunswick
- Personal Health Information Act in Newfoundland and Labrador
All Canadian Web Hosting servers and infrastructure are located in Canada with data centres situated in Vancouver and Toronto.
Smarthome Device Draw
Along with exhibiting our services, we held a draw for delegates to enter for a chance to win a Google Home Mini and Amazon Echo Dot. The winners were Teri Fisher, founder and host of Alexa in Canada, and Ross Haleliuk, Expert Advisor at Startup Canada and Hackathon Manager at Vancouver Startup Week.
Canadian Web Hosting is a leader in web hosting and infrastructure services. But above all, we’re passionate about inspired technology and how it can be utilized in all sectors to educate, learn, and grow. We had a great time learning about digital health and interacting with professionals in the industry at e-Health 2018.
Were you at the e-Health 2018? What are your thoughts or highlights?