Yahoo Search has debuted their new simplistic, clean new interface that is very similar to Google home page with less cluttered SERPs page.
* Intelligent Search Results – Allows you to explore results from key sites and narrow results using different types of SearchMonkey structured data. Over the past few months, even more enhanced results for product, local, entertainment, reference, social, and tech sites have been displayed automatically. With the new search page design, we have made it easier to see these riche results from an increasing number of sites.
* Feature-Rich Experience – Provides quick access to search features that make people’s online lives safer and easier, including Search Scan/SafeSearch (which helps protect you from viruses, spyware, and spam while you search) and Search Pad. Now it will be even easier to return to the research documents you have created while searching.
* Search Assist Expansion – With the new design, our powerful query assistance is still available directly below the search box, but we’ve also incorporated it into the left-hand column for quick access lower on the page, even when the Search Assist layer is hidden. You can use this column to easily explore and discover concepts related to your query. We have added Search Assist to the search box on every Yahoo! page in the U.S. with the launch of a new universal header.
* Improved total page load time – Even though the new design includes dozens of additional assistance features and graphical assets, we are seeing faster page loading time and significant speed improvements.
* Inline data URI images – We’re taking advantage of specialized techniques for modern browsers such as inline data URI images, which we use to generate our subtle repeating gradients. This improves perceived and real performance dramatically. For legacy browsers, we provide the same gradients with traditional image sprites.
Check out their tour here
CTO / SEO Guru
Canadian Web Hosting
Google Sidewiki is a new addition to Google toolbar. It allows users to read and post comments on any website with a special interface on the left side of the screen enabled by the toolbar. Google is proposing to use an algorithm to rank comments by quality and to link comments to a user's Google Profile.
"Google has developed an algorithm that it says can filter out obvious spam, naughty words, and the classic all-caps technique employed by some of the Internet's more unhinged pundits", said Caesar Sengupta, group product manager at Google. As comments build over time, a recursive algorithm can analyze the quality of past comments using reader votes on the comment's usefulness.You can share your comments with your Facebook or Twitter accounts, and can post a link to a blog item discussing that Web page with a snippet of the text, Sengupta said. Only Google Toolbar users will be able to see the comments on the Web page, obviously, but Google plans to work on an API (application programming interface) that will allow developers to use Sidewiki in other places.
CTO / SEO Guru
Canadian Web Hosting
If you want to use separate web.config for child directories, then you have to disable ASP.NET web.config inheritance.
You will be able to disable inheritance from the root web.config file.
Add the attribute <location> .. </location> as follows in the web.config file of the root folder.
<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">
<compilation debug="false" />
This way, any child application defined below this application will not use the current configuration.
Ok, I like food. I really like food but lunch is getting really expensive so I went to a few places to find out what I'm getting for my loonie.
Starbucks: Tall dark coffee, Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich - $8.05
I like my coffee just as much as I like food and you really can't beat Starbucks except maybe Blenz Coffee which I frequent alot. But this sandwich is sorta on the expensive side.. then again I think most sandwich places are expensive for 2 pieces of bread and some filling.
Sushi King 8176 Granville St.: Lunch box(tuna, salmon, ebi sushi, tempura, teriyaki chicken, and salad) $6.75+tips. Out the door with $8.00!
My favorite place for cheap sushi. Their pieces are gigantic and cheap! They recently came out with some lunch box deals that starts at $5.95(vegi rolls) and goes upto $7.00 or so. The tempura even had a prawn! If you are in the area I would really recommend dropping in.
Asian Fusion in Tinseltown Mall: Shrimp Wonton Noodle+Free Parking - $2.99 + tips
I was waiting for my son to get off school and strolled into Tinseltown. I rarely go there.. but I did and found this Asian Fusion restaurant in the Northeast corner. They have a sign that says "Shrimp Wonton Noodle - $2.99 special!". wah?? Who can resist wonton noodle at $2.99! Surprisingly delicious and somewhat filling. I also had the Spicy deep fried squid which was really good at $5.95. I really should have resisted the temptation but it was really good! So many really but really, really!! Anyways if you are just going for the noodle, you can walk out of there under $5.00 for lunch. You can't even do that at Mcdonalds! Also a 2 hour parking stamp thats worth as much as the food!
On this food odyssey, I found that a loonie can go a long ways if you know where to look. Happy eating!